Terms and Conditions
We gladly accept returns, exchanges and cancellations under the following conditions:
- Contact stating you wish to return must be made within 1 day of delivery.
- If agreed by us then items must be shipped back within 4 days of delivery (tracking / proof of postage must be obtained by the buyer unless we arrange the courier).
- Cancellation requests must be made within 1 day of purchase.
The following items cannot be returned or exchanged because of the nature of these items, unless they arrive damaged or defective:
- Personalised orders.
- Digital downloads.
Returning ConditionsWe request that before you accept any package sent by us that you carefully inspect its box, roll or wrapper for damage or signs of gross mishandling.
If you discover that the delivery packaging shows such signs of mishandling then please notify the courier immediately and refuse the package from them on these grounds.
- Please obtain a reference number / delivery number from the courier, this assists us in getting a replacement to you as soon as possible and lets us track your item.
- Photographs of damaged packaging assists us in raising any issues with couriers, and assist you if you rely on it for a refund or replacement, for this we will grant a discount.
- Any returns made / instigated by the buyer via postal or courier services must be tracked as evidence will be requested to assist in a refund / replacement.
- Items must not be returned without notifying jacques Galerie in the first instance and only returning after we have agreed to any return.
- Buyers are not responsible for shipping costs if the item is defective in any way or if the item is refused and stays in the couriers possession (Please obtain a reference number / delivery number from the courier)
- Buyers are responsible for return shipping costs. If the item is not defective or damaged.
- Buyers are liable for orders not returned in their original received condition.
- The buyer is also responsible for any loss in value through damage sustained because of inadequate packaging and if not retained the cost of any packaging for returns which must be to the same standards as the original packaging.
This policy is only applicable if you:
- Purchase an item via Jacques Galerie,
- Contact Jacques Galerie.
- Use services through Jacquesgalerie.com / co.uk or its related sites and services such as shopify.com
Personal Information we (Jacques Galerie) collect (Why)
To fulfil your order, you must provide certain information which is authorised through your purchase, the information may contain your name, email address, postal address, payment information, and the details of the product(s) ordered.
You may also choose to provide me with additional personal information (for a custom order), if you contact me directly.
You may also choose to provide me with additional personal information to settle disputes, or to provide customer support or enquiries.
Basis of collection and use:
I use your information to provide the service(s) you the (buyer) requested through your purchase or interaction.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
First and foremost, I never share or pass your personal details on to any marketers or advertisers, and I insist of any production partners who I may use that information received from me is used only in the making or delivery of the order.
Information about my customers is important to my business. I only share your personal information in limited circumstances, which are as follows:
- Service providers: I only engage bona fide trusted third parties to perform functions and provide services to my shop and customers, such as manufacture / delivery companies. I will share only limited personal information to facilitate the completion or delivery of your order with these third parties. Information will never be used by myself or my agents beyond the extent necessary to perform these services.
- Compliance with laws: I may collect, use, retain, and share your information if I have a good faith belief that it is reasonably necessary to: (a) Respond to legal process or to government requests; (b) Enforce my agreements, terms and policies; (c) Prevent, investigate, and address fraud and other illegal activity, security, or technical issues; or (d) Protect the rights, property, and safety of my customers, or others.
I only keep your data within the secure digital storage confines of my Shopify account and do not physically store it on hard drives or any other storage devices at any other location(s), this includes digital and non-digital formats.
Proof of posting receipts are retained physically until completion of the order and delivery has been satisfactorily completed or to facilitate a claim for damage or non-delivery, after such they are destroyed to an extent beyond reading or retrieval.
Transfers of Personal Information Outside the EU
- I will only use or transfer your information to provide the service(s) you requested.
- If I transfer your personal information through third-party businesses within the US and other jurisdictions, such as a jurisdiction with different data protection and government surveillance laws than your jurisdiction.
- I rely on bona fide businesses that subscribe and adhere to the rules associated with being a member of Privacy Shield as the legal basis for the transfer, and who are Privacy Shield certified.
If you reside in certain territories, including the EU, you have a number of rights in relation to your personal information. While some of these rights apply generally, certain rights apply only in certain limited cases. I describe these rights below:
- Access: You may have the right to access and receive a copy of the personal information I hold about you by contacting me using the contact information below.
- Change, restrict, and delete: You may also have rights to change, restrict my use of, or delete your personal information. Absent exceptional circumstances (like where I am required to store data for legal reasons) I will generally delete your personal information automatically.
You can object to (i) my processing of some of your information based on my legitimate interests and (ii) receiving marketing messages from me after providing your express consent to receive them. In such cases, I will delete your personal information unless I have compelling and legitimate grounds to continue using that information or if it is needed for legal reasons.
PLEASE NOTE WE DO NOT USE YOUR INFORMATION FOR MARKETING PURPOSES.
If you reside in the EU and wish to raise a concern about my use of your information (and without prejudice to any other rights you may have), you have the right to do so with your local data protection authority.
How to Contact Jacques Galerie
For purposes of EU data protection law, I, A Woodside, am the data controller of your personal information. If you have any questions or concerns, you may contact me at email@example.com
Terms of Service
The time I need to prepare an order for shipping varies. For details, see individual items.
Estimated shipping times:
- United Kingdom: 3-5 business days
- North America: 3-5 business days
- Europe: 5-7 business days
I'll do my best to meet these shipping estimates, but can't guarantee them. Actual delivery time will depend on the shipping method you choose or we use at that time.
Holidays including national holidays may or may not also have a bearing on delivery or production, we will advise if necessary.
Customs and import taxes
Buyers are responsible for any customs and import taxes that may apply. I'm not responsible for delays due to customs.
Custom and personalised orders
Yes, I am happy to enter in to personalisation on some orders, these can take longer to process but not always and I would let you know before any order is placed what the time scale would be.
If you want something made to your own personal requirements I will be happy to hear from you.
Arrangements could be negotiated.
Taxes and Charges To Non UK
Generally there are none but where a state or local tax or otherwise is levied against a consignment/ order, it is the buyers responsibility to pay for this. IF before dispatch I am or become aware of any possible taxes or payments then I will notify you before processing and dispatch.
Custom and personalised orders
Pease be mindful that delivery times are estimated and are fairly accurate, generally they can be quicker but when they are not please remember that these services rely on third parties, weather, times of the year, holidays and in some cases customs.
Legalities (1 of 3)
All Digital & Printed images obtained from JacquesGalerie are restricted to “Personal and limited commercial use”.
Purchasing a print or downloadable digital file from JacquesGalerie grants the buyer a royalty-free, non-exclusive, non-assignable, license to use the purchased image or downloaded printed digital file, subject to the following restrictions:
The license granted by JacquesGalerie limits and allows the buyer to “Personal use and Limited commercial use”.
“Personal use” is defined as use of the image(s), or downloaded digital file(s) for display on “personal” projects, websites, craft making, clip art, scrap making and making prints for personal domestic and decorative use and display.
Legalities (2 of 3)
Limited commercial use is defined as the use of the image(s) or printed downloaded digital files on or contained within a limited amount (100) of handmade (crafted) items for resale or promotion.
The license expressly prohibits the re-selling of the image(s) in any digital form, along with this the distribution and sale of the digital file(s) downloaded from Jacquesgalerie.com / co.uk or via any shop or portal we control.
JacquesGalerie retain ownership and all rights of any image and image(s) derived from digital file(s) via JacquesGalerie.
We have to the best of our ability checked extensively to make sure that any images we use, distribute including those contained at Jacques Galerie are public domain and royalty free.
Legalities (3 of 3)
By purchasing from Jacquesgalerie.com / co.uk or via any shop or portal we control, you agree to indemnify JacquesGalerie from any claims of infringement by third-parties arising from your usage or your agents. All content is available to you “AS IS”.
There are no warranties, express or implied. The images including digital versions are provided 'as is.'
Jacques Galerie will be liable for any third party claims or incidental, consequential or other damages arising out of this license or buyer's use of the Media.
Jacques Galerie © 2018